A dark, moist environment is key to successful worm farming and this worm blanket is the ideal topper. Made from high quality coco coir, it’s placed above the food layer to top off the worm bin. The worm blanket assists with moisture retention and encourages worms to squirm through the moist environment instead of crawling up to escape. [Read More]
If worm farming or worm care is part of your routine, then Worm Nerd’s Worm Blanket is for you. Vermiculture is an age-old practice gaining popularity as many are turning to the worm composting procedure as a food waste management effort to reduce climate change. Worms are gathered and fed to promote reproduction for composting — with added focus on the collection of the worm waste, which is applied to houseplants, lawns, fruit trees and food-producing gardens. Made from high quality coco coir, this worm blanket is the simple solution you’re seeking for worm care management.
Those who manage worm farms know worms are light sensitive and prefer a huddled environment. The worm blanket is placed above the food layer of dried leaves, shredded paper, and produce scraps to top off the worm bin. It serves as a blanket to encourage worms to squirm through the moist environment instead of crawling up to escape. Maintaining the bin’s moisture level is vital and this worm blanket plays a significant role in that effort. The natural weave in the coco coir provides ample aeration but the openings are not large enough for the worms to crawl through. And it’s okay to find a few clinging worms on the blanket’s underside – they’re just exploring. A dark, moist environment is key to successful worm farming and this easy-to-place worm blanket is the ideal topper.
- Simple solution to increase worm activity and provide a tucked-in, security blanket environment
- Assists with moisture retention, vital for maintaining a healthy worm environment
- Easily positioned on top of food level inside worm bin
- Inexpensive solution when needing a “ceiling” type of barrier to discourage worms moving up past food scrap level
- Vermiculture accessory for worm farm, bin, or wormery that helps keep environment dark and moist
- Conveniently offered in two sizes: 2’ x 2’ (24”x24”) and 3’ x 3’ (36”x36”)
- Made from natural coco coir, the fibrous layer surrounding a coconut